Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Here's Your 'Early Treats' from Southwest Airlines!

Trick or Treat? Southwest Airlines is at the door with some ridiculously cheap flight deals for a limited amount of time. "You can score some of our most spooktacular air fare deals of the year for travel Dec. 1 - Dec. 15, 2010, and Jan. 4 - Feb. 16, 2010", announces the website. This deal will only last till Oct. 28, 2010, so get on it before you miss the sweets! Here is the link:


I came across this deal through my sorority list-serve and it definitely triggered me to whip out my calendar to see if I could squeeze in a date before the special offers ended. I already had plans to go back home to Utah as soon as final exams were over and this opportunity led me to plan extra early. My friends, on the other hand, were busy all last night making new travel plans for the winter break, using this special deal as an excuse to get out of Texas before school starts. I give Southwest a thumbs up for getting people to start thinking about winter break and for their friendly gestures.

Southwest Airlines is nationally known for its low fares and friendly customer service. It prides itself on creating a favorable environment for customers- a cheap, enjoyable flight experience. What began as a small Texas airline grounded in Dallas Love Field Airport(DAL) is now one of the biggest domestic airline company in the nation. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Southwest has carried more passengers than any other U.S. airline since 2006 for combined domestic and international passengers. Also, it was ranked as the most dependable American airline in 2008 by Forbes magazine. Saving the best for last, when you fly Southwest, you have a freedom from assigned seats and bags fly free!

After coming to college, I noticed that whenever I book flights with friends, Southwest grabs our attention with its continuously cheap airfares. Since I grew up as a loyal Delta customer with Sky Miles Card, it was an internal battle for myself. Cheap meant poor quality. However, in the end, Southwest always won my vote since you can’t complain about quality or luxury in college. To my own surprise, I didn’t see any glaring differences in quality or comfort between the two companies after multiple experiences; rather, it was always a pleasurable experience with their extra friendly staff. Nowadays, I feel like Southwest is everywhere with ads on television, special web offers, events, etc. Here is a fun event hosted by Southwest recently at the TX/OU game: 
 



Southwest has gained my loyalty after almost 20 years of flying Delta. The company seems like its continuously growing especially with its acquisition of AirTran Airways this year. I'm cheering them on as they plan to expand internationally and to represent Texas with customer service that reflects our southern hospitality. Now, go book those flights before it's too late!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have read this post 6 days ago. I never flew Southwest until last year when me and some friends flew to Mexico for Spring Break. Honestly, the experience was ten times better than I expected. Me and my friends actually just booked our Spring Break flights this year to Cabo through Southwest once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, people tend to think cheap means cheap flight experience, but that is definitely not the case with Southwest, at least from my experience. Also, like I said, Southwest is really winning the race to get to consumers introducing even lower airfares for holidays. I know, you missed the previous offers, but no worries! Southwest is really on a roll, here is a new deal that just came out for travel Dec. 1 through Feb. 16:

    http://www.southwest.com/html/travel-extras/promotions/winterSale.html?RMID=L_101109_CNS&RRID=am9hbm5lbGl1LjE5NkBnbWFpbC5jb20.&src=MAILCNSTUES000000101109

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete